Smoked mackerel bruschetta
Stuffed bell pepper with quinoa and cod
It’s summer, so some homemade lemonade is definitely in order.
Tuna patties - salad niçoise with a twist
Homemade Falafel on a wholemeal pita.
Such a quick and easy recipe. Make 5-8 (dependent on size) - 20-30 minutes.
- 400g Tin of Chickpeas
- 1 Large Onion (diced)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (diced/crushed)
- 1 Chilli (chopped small)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp mixed italian spices
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 Egg
- Fry the onion garlic and chilli in a pan with a little coconut oil until turning golden brown. Add all the dry spices (you can also add some extra cayenne pepper if you want them more hot) - Leave to cool.
- Mash the Chickpeas in a bowl
- Add the onion mix and mix together
- In a bowl crack and whisk an egg and add it little by little to the mixture (you don’t want the mixture to be too wet).
- Roll into balls and flatten into patties. Fry in hot oil to ensure you get the crispy golden exterior! - Be careful when flipping as they can break.
Chicken marinaded in teriyaki sauce, prawns, green beans, noodles and chilli cooked in a little coconut oil
My last exam is on Monday so after that I hope to be more active and try-out and post new recipes.!
Grilled chicken with homemade Bruschetta and organic Pesto on a whole wheat wrap.
For the Chicken (raw fillet):
- Sprinkle some black pepper
- Sprinkle some dried oregano
- Sprinkle some Herbamare
For the Bruschetta
- Cherry Tomatoes - diced
- Red Onion - diced
- Avocado - diced
- Light Mozzarella - Diced
- Clove of Garlic - Diced
Put together on a whole wheat wrap and sprinkle with some organic pesto.
This was the first time I made this, and it was so tasty and fresh and surprisingly filling. - Add some pine nuts for a crunch!
Thai Yellow Curry with Crabmeat.
I use a Thai Yellow Curry paste that I buy in the Market here it’s only 20 cals and all no additives in the ingredients.
This dish is so tasty, on the spicy side though just to warn you.
- I fry the sachet of yellow paste with 1tbsp of coconut oil.
- Then add 1 tin of coconut milk.
- I add the veg just after and brought to the boil mixing it well then let it simmer until the beans are not quite done.
- Then you add the crabmeat - 2 tins (let’s remember I am a student so I used tin crabmeat in water)
I served this with quinoa but it is also good with brown rice. - This is enough for 4-6 dishes depending on portion size.
- Remember if you ever have any specific questions about my recipes, where they are from, what I did exactly just ask!
- I am new to this so I am still learning tumblr as I go.
- I am not a photographer, all my photos are done with my iphone 4s and the help of instagram.